Saturday, November 28, 2009

Buying And Selling In Fl.

Let me just fill some of you in about the tactics used in south Fl markets. Thanksgiving Used to be a great day of selling up until 5 years ago. Nowadays With the Internet and everyone with a pc thinking they know more then seasoned sellers it's a little tricky buying.

I always say I would rather buy from an educated seller then a wanna be weekend warrior seller. This is why. I was out buying thanksgiving day and came upon a booth. Now picture 20 banana box's on the ground covered with all types of vintage linens 3/4 of it is damaged in some way. The linens were not in the boxes but piled on top in a huge pile like trash.

So I started digging like many before me that made the mess I was standing in, when I hear sir,sir, please put the stuff back into the boxes? I said no problem to the vendor. But none were even in any box to begin with but I tried my best to deal with the situation at hand. Next thing I hear is the vendor saying once again sir, sir, how about we terminate our business for today because you are posing a risk to my customers? I couldn't come back with any response to this crazy lady because it was so far out of left field I was kinda shocked to even hear it. So I threw down what was in my hands and told that CRAZY LADY she doesn't have anything I can't live without. And told her she can be an A-hole to someone else as I walked away.

Then I head out for another booth. Now this is another wanna be that buys warehouses of boxes and boxes were all over the booth. So I finally find a book to maybe buy from about 50 boxes. I ask the vendor how much. He tells me 1.00. As I'm putting the book into my bag he says let me see the book. So I hand him the book,and when he hands the book back tells me 5.00? Needless to say I turn around and walk away shaking my head.

These things are just a couple things I go threw picking everyday. It doesn't happen everyday but it happens often enough that when it does those vendors will never see another penny from me no matter what they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment